Today will be one of the busiest days of the year for debt charity StepChange who offer debt advice for people in the UK. A campaign to inform people that free debt advice is available, through #DebtDay, will feature on social media with the aim to raise awareness of where to get help.

“You may not be struggling with debt, but it’s almost certain that some of your family, friends, neighbours or work colleagues will be. It only takes 30 seconds to change their life: that’s how long it takes to spread the word about debt advice.”

A common trend we’re faced with each year is from customers who have got in to financial difficulty as a result of their Christmas spending. Often this is because they use their unsecured credit which may also have accumulated and/or increased during the year. It could also be following an unexpected bill, such as a car or boiler repair; this can tip personal finances over the edge.

Our advice to anyone who is facing financial uncertainty or worry is to get advice before it gets too late. Even if that advice is not from Harrington Brooks, we would recommend that you seek financial advice.

If you’re currently worried about your finances, have unsecured debts from personal borrowing and would like to speak confidentially to an advisor who can talk to you about the benefits and considerations of a range of debt  and personal insolvency solutions, then please get in touch by calling 0800 048 1764.

You can also visit to request a call back at a time to suit you. By requesting a call, you are under no obligation to use our services. Harrington Brooks provide solutions to customers living in England, Scotland and Wales.

Should you opt for a solution offered by Harrington Brooks, there may be consequences to consider including restrictions on future lending and on your ability to obtain further or future credit. Fees and terms and conditions apply. For further information and advice please visit

The services that we provide may be available at no cost from other government and charity based providers. Further information can be obtained from the Money Advice Service at